Broadway Area Community Improvement District
What is the Broadway Area CID?
The Broadway Area Community Improvement District is a petition driven ‘clean and safe’ initiative that was approved by property owners within its boundary and funded through a 1 cent sales tax which was approved by the registered voters of the district.
The Broadway Area Community Improvement District is a political subdivision that will continue to exist and function in perpetuity.
The Broadway Area Community Improvement District is operated by Main Street Corridor Development Corporation (MainCor.)
Broadway Area CID Mission Statement
To advocate and execute strategies to make the Broadway CID a great place to live, work, visit and do business.
What does the CID do?
As the concierge of the Broadway district, the CID:
- Works with the Prosecutor’s Office and the Kansas City Police Department to keep nuisance offenders off the streets
- Removes graffiti quickly, often before the morning rush hour
- Keeps the public right-of-ways clean of litter and debris
- Assists with snow removal from public walkways
- Maintains streetscape improvements
- Helps the community when needed